Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A dirge for the South

Yesterday and today were spent watching the horrible images from New Orleans and Mississippi, and hearing the terrible accounts of the locals there. Lately I saw some shots of Memphis that looked pretty water-soaked. I hope my fellow Tennesseans are staying safe and (relatively) dry today.

Sometimes I am amazed at the destruction nature can cause. Overnight, one of the grandest cities of the South has been immersed in water. Only time will tell the true cost of the damages. Only time will tell how many people are lost. I hope the numbers stay low, although the 68 deaths they have already reported is 68 too many.

My thoughts are with the victims and those who are in Katrina's path. Another hurricane name retired.

2 comments:

melusina said...

You spelled Tennessee wrong just to irritate me, didn't you? =p

Yes, yes, I know. But you got all my sympathy and worry with the last big hurricane. This one barely touched you!

melusina said...

Just shush!