Sunday, August 14, 2005

Well, I'll be damned

Christopher Walken is running for President in 2008?

I still think it HAS to be a joke, although he certainly can look presidential. He can look psychotic too though. I'll wait to see what his official platform is before I make any real comments.

Props to Tennessee Guerilla Women for the 411.

EDIT: From IMDB Movie and TV News for August 17, 2005:

Actor Christopher Walken is caught in the midst of reports he plans to vie for the role of US president. While the eccentric screen star plays a member of the White House in the hit comedy Wedding Crashers, rumors have been circulating that he is aiming to take over George W. Bush's job in 2008. A website for Walken's "campaign" has even been set up at Walken2008.com, but a representative for the actor insists the story is false, stating, "It's one-hundred per cent not true. (It) sounds like someone got a little too excited over his role as Secretary Of The Treasury in Wedding Crashers and now they want to make him president."



3 comments:

egalia said...

I thought it was a joke too so I didn't post about it for a couple of days. But after I saw the story up at Talkleft, it began to seem real.

I've thought for a long time that the left needed a hollywood candidate since the right does so well with them. I was hoping for Robert Redford (heh), but Walken might work.

It's pretty damn obvious that we need to do something different. I'm assuming for the moment that he is as progressive as he sounds.

melusina said...

Yea, a good Hollywood leftie could be a good thing. The Democrats really need someone who can make some waves (and get the votes). What worries me is if Walken runs on an independent ticket, and in the process "steals" votes from the Dems.

I like Walken as an actor, and I need to separate that from how he might be as president. We'll see what he comes up with for his platform before I jump on board.

Kat Coble said...

Everything I've seen leads me to believe that it's actually a viral marketing campaign.

I know I've already said this, but I can't see him in a serious light without thinking of the gold watch up his ass.